An opportunity for a Vet Nurse to join our Mortdale team on a full-time or part-time basis.
Greencross Vets provides the highest quality of integrated veterinary services in Australia, with an extended network of General Practice clinics and state-of-the-art Emergency, Specialist and Referral hospitals that are steered by a team of world-class Vets, devoted Specialists, skilled nurses and supportive Management. This allows us to provide an exceptional standard of patient care, with access to all of the resources, technology and equipment needed for best practice medicine.
About Your New Role
- Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners
- Caring, supporting and handling patients of all kinds
- Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment
- Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre- and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
- Performing minor procedures under Veterinary guidance, when required
- Reception duties, including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting and discharging patients
What you’ll bring
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience
- Excellent animal handling skills
- A good knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures
- Good organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable within a team environment
What we offer you
- A permanent full-time or part-time role with variety
- Above award rates and great benefits
- An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
- Commitment to your career development through access to continued education and ongoing learning
- Access to a support network of like-minded Vet Nurses
What would it be like to work with us?
Greencross is simply a great place to work. Our Greencross Vets are patient advocates. We’re focused on your professional growth and development, providing opportunities for you to progress in areas that spark your passion to change the lives of pets. We offer continued education and support, internally and externally, to give you development based on your interests and long-term goals.
We also provide access to experts in areas such as mental health and pride ourselves on our employee-led development and support programs.
Greencross provides the best mentoring and structured ongoing Vet and Vet Nurse development program opportunities in the country. We are proud to lead the way in the veterinary industry by supporting our teams with Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and a structured return to work clinical program.
We are committed to providing career life balance, have an industry-leading Continuing Education program, a highly regarded nursing intern program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout our 170+ Greencross Vet GP clinics, Specialist, Emergency and Referral vet hospitals nationally; Animal Emergency Centre, Animal Referral Hospital, Veterinary Referral Hospital, AVSARC, AAERC.
Our Mortdale Team!
Our clinic has great equipment, which includes; Digital X-ray, Dental X-ray, Im3 elite dental suite, Vet tome from Im3, Laser machine, Ultrasound, Full in house blood machines, biochem, hematology and electrolytes, Multi-parameter machines for every anaesthetic station to ensure the highest level of patient care.
We have a very high staff retention rate. We have a great team dynamic and make it a fun and interesting place to work. We share our ideas and collaborate a lot to achieve the best client and patient outcomes and team outcomes of course!
We prioritise our teams wellness by ensuring that we run an effective schedule to allow our team to have proper lunch breaks and refuel for the day.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, apply now with your cover letter and resume to Melissa Jeffcoat, Practice Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org