Just brought a new puppy home?
Greencross Vets is your partner in pet care and we’re here to support you and your new furry family member. It’s important that your puppy starts off on the right paw.
What to expect at your puppy’s first health check
Your puppy will have many routine vet visits throughout its life stages. At Greencross Vets we’re committed to establishing a positive relationship with them from the very start.
Your puppy’s visit
● much like a baby’s visit to a GP, your puppy will be weighed and their temperature checked
● the vet will perform a full examination of your puppy from their nose to their tail. Their eyes, ears, gums, teeth, heart, lungs, joints, lymph nodes and coat will be clinically examined for any abnormalities
● their first vet visit often also involves their first vaccination
● of course, your puppy will be rewarded with treats for their good behaviour!
● the vet will have questions for you about your puppy’s history, current diet, flea, tick, and worming, and general behaviour
● the vet may also ask you to bring a small sample of your puppy’s stool to check for worms
● feel free to ask your vet any questions about how to best care for your puppy
A microchip can be implanted under your puppy’s skin so that if they ever become lost, the vet or animal shelter can scan the chip to reveal an identity number. This can be traced to your contact details in order to return your beloved pet. This is a compulsory process in Australia (except the Northern Territory). Get in touch with your local Greencross Vets about microchipping your puppy today.
Healthy Pets Plus Membership Benefits
- 20% discount on parasite prevention
- 20% discount on heartworm injection
- pet dental checks
Save up to $200 off a dental scale and polish**
- unlimited consultations
Vaccinations & Microchipping
- vaccinations (as recommended by your Greencross Vet)
- microchipping (if needed)