Welcome to Greencross Mobile Vets Mortdale
We are your local team of experienced vets and nurses who understand that tired children, busy schedules, fearful or sick pets make a trip to the vet difficult.
Mobile Vet gives us another way to check on the ongoing health of your pet that is simpler for you and sure to make your pet happy, too.
Mobile Vet is available to all new and existing Greencross clients and pets who reside within 10km of the Greencross Mortdale clinic.
To check if you are eligible to book a Mobile Consultation, please check the “WHAT AREAS DO WE SERVICE” section below. If your postcode is not mentioned here, please contact us directly on (02) 9580 6910.
MOBILE VET SERVICE
WHAT IS THE GREENCROSS MOBILE VET SERVICE?
The Greencross Mobile Vet Service is an extension of the general practice network offered by Greencross and is designed to offer the best possible service for your pet at home.The Mobile Vet Service consists of the following veterinary practices: consultations, associated diagnostics and general practice medical treatment at home.
Our mobile veterinarians will assess your pet and, as required, (may) recommend ongoing treatment for your pet. After your pet is assessed our veterinarian will make recommendations for the ongoing treatment of your pet. We will work in partnership with you, our client, to assist you to make an informed decision about your pet’s care.
WHAT AREAS DO WE SERVICE
We currently can only attend appointments in the following suburbs:
|Post Code||Suburb||Post Code||Suburb|
|2209||Beverly Hills||2217||Ramsgate Beach|
|2220||Hurstville Grove||2219||Dolls Point|
|2221||Kyle Bay||2172||Sandy Point|
|2225||Oyster Bay||2212||Revesby North|
|2234||Menai Central||2213||Picnic Point|
|2211||Padstow Heights||2133||Croydon Park|
|2217||Beverley Park||2133||Enfield South|
|2217||Kogarah Bay||2136||Strathfield South|
|2226||Bonnet Bay||2200||Bankstown North|
|2195||Wiley Park||2227||Gymea Bay|
|2212||Revesby Heights||2020||Sydney International
|2219||Sans Souci||2143||Potts Hill|
|2190||Mount Lewis||2200||Bankstown Aerodrome|
|2207||Bardwell Valley||2228||Yowie Bay|
If your postcode is not mentioned here, please phone the Clinic to discuss options.
The Greencross Mobile Vet Service offers a range of in-home services when it may be difficult for you to travel, including:
- Skin and ears
- Health check
We welcome you to use the Greencross Mobile Vet Service for a scheduled follow up after a consultation at one of our clinics. Please remember the Greencross Mobile Vet Service is no substitute for emergency and if your pet needs urgent attention, please contact your nearest Greencross clinic or Animal Emergency Centre. Our mobile veterinarians will assess your pet and, as required, (may) recommend ongoing treatment for your pet.
BEFORE WE CAN CONTINUE
By participating in the Mobile Vet Service, you accept the following Terms of Service (set out below).
If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, please contact your local Greencross Veterinary Clinic to arrange an alternative appointment.
TERMS OF SERVICE
By booking or participating in a mobile consultation, you accept and agree to the following Terms of Service.
- We cannot accept instructions from anybody under the age of 18 years.
- A Greencross veterinarian may not prescribe medication for your pet unless:
- the veterinarian has examined your pet;
- the veterinarian is satisfied that they do not need to re-examine your pet (including at a Greencross clinic) prior to prescribing medication
- We retain ownership of all medical records we create or hold in relation to your pet, including all radiographs, ultrasound scans and similar documents. In appropriate circumstances, such as a referral, a copy may be forwarded to another veterinary surgeon or insurer, where applicable.
- If our team comes to you as part of the Greencross Mobile Vet Service, we will charge you the same consultation fee as if your pet had visited one of our Greencross clinics, with an additional surcharge for travel.
- Electronic payment is required at the time we provide our services. The team visiting your home will have a mobile system to take payment by debit / credit card only. For security and safety reasons, payment may not be made by cash.
- Whenever practical we will give you an estimate of our fees for the Mobile Vet Service. However you agree that variations and complications may arise resulting in an increase in our fees.
- Active Healthy Pets Plus members enjoy the same benefits for Mobile Vet Service consultations, up to 10 Mobile Vet Service consultations per annum.
- The safety of our teams is extremely important and we may decline to offer any service, or cease providing any service:
- if, in the reasonable opinion of the veterinarian, a client’s property has inadequate or unsafe access;
- if our staff in attendance feel there is any risk to their personal safety; or
- to abusive/offensive customers.
- Greencross may decline to offer or provide any service if:
- you have outstanding accounts for other Greencross veterinary services or products e.g. Healthy Pets Plus; or
- you are or have been a bad debtor with Greencross or any associated business (including Petbarn) at any time within the last three (3) years.
- If the Greencross Mobile Service is unable to conduct a scheduled Mobile Consultation for any reason, we will try to contact and assist you to make alternative arrangements.
YOUR RIGHT NOT TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE
If you do not accept these Terms of Service, you are welcome to contact your nearest Greencross Clinic to Book an Appointment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Meet The Team
Julie started with Greencross as an intern in 2017 and completed her Certificate II in Animal Studies in 2018. She is now a Junior Veterinary Nurse studying a Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts (Interior Design) in 1989, Julie has had a long career in commercial design and raising a family. Julie has always had a love of animals and having a life-long interest in veterinary science, felt it was time for a career change.
She is passionate about all of the animals she meets at Greencross and is loving every minute of her new career and feels she is finally doing what she loves.
At home she enjoys relaxing with family and friends, watching movies and looking after her 14 year old Miniature Schnauzer, Jessie and her 8 year old flop eared bunnies, Bunster and Wugsby.
Dr Donna Siu
Dr Donna Siu
Donna joined Mortdale in 2009 after graduating from the University of Sydney. She enjoys soft tissue surgery and medicine, and being in general practice allows her to pursue these interests. When not at work, she usually spends most of her time relaxing at home. Hobbies include reading and cooking, and supervising a crazy cat that can’t be trusted around anything that can be chewed.
Dr Ketherine Li
Dr Ketherine Li
Volunteering in animal shelters and zoos since she was 14 in the States developed Dr. Ketherine´s keen interest in all creatures from a young age. This love grew further once she returned to Australia, particularly for our unique wildlife after participating in WIRES and extracurricular programs at the University of Sydney. Ketherine has been involved in the veterinary industry at all levels including as a kennel hand, at reception, while nursing, and finally now a vet after graduating from the University of Sydney with Honours Class I in 2017. Her additional fields of interest include feline medicine, soft tissue surgery, and dermatology. In her spare time, she enjoys coastal hikes, kayaking, and watercolour painting. Her apartment is ruled by an affectionate but demanding senior cat, and she particularly enjoys taking the family dog and cat out for walks.
Dr Sophia Lay
Dr Sophia Lay
Dr. Sophia is a veterinarian who loves all animals great and small. Her special interests include surgery and exotic animals. During her study, Sophia worked as a veterinary nurse in the Sydney University Veterinary Hospital and got to cover all areas of veterinary nursing. Sophia has a Cavoodle puppy called Charlie and enjoys spending her free time outdoors especially bushwalking and camping.
Dr Tessa Jongejans
Dr Tessa Jongejans
Tessa graduated from the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands in 2009 and moved to New Zealand. These she worked in mixed practice for 3 years before moving to Australia with her partner Jamie. She started with Greencross Vets on the Central Coast but after 6 months moved to the Greencross Vets Lambton clinic to take up the role of Veterinary Director. After 3 years in Newcastle, they decided to take on a new adventure which led them to Mortdale.
Tessa enjoys all aspects of the veterinary role, but is especially passionate about surgery and management. When moving from Greencross Vets Lambton to Mortdale, she brought along the surgical laser with her surgical expertise, giving the clinic access to this unique surgical equipment!
Mortdale Mobile Vet
& special offers delivered to your Inbox.