What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of telecommunications technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance using video-conferencing, audio communication and messaging via mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers.
Our WebVet Service
Our Telehealth WebVet Service allows clients to receive advice from qualified veterinarians about their pets.
WebVet is not a replacement to physical examinations but a complementary tool assisting continued pet healthcare. Any advice provided during a WebVet Service is of a general nature and cannot be specific to a patient, diagnosis or treatment.
Any patient notes taken during the provision of a WebVet Service will be treated the same as if taken during a face-to-face consultation at a clinic.
Before we can continue
By clicking on the “Accept” button or otherwise participating in a WebVet Service, you accept the Terms of Service (set out below) and agree to be bound by the Terms of Service.
TERMS OF SERVICE – Current as of 26 November 2020
By using the WebVet Service provided by Greencross Pty Ltd ABN 58 119 778 862 and its affiliates (“we”, “our” or “us”), you agree to be bound by the following conditions:
1. Before we deliver a WebVet Service to you, you must:
- a) be in Australia and over 18 years old;
- b) provide all information requested by us, including any veterinarian employed by us, as and when required by us;
- c) make sure that all the information you provide to us is complete, accurate and current;
- d) agree to and comply with any third-party provider terms used to provide the WebVet Services including Doxy.me;
- e) if required by us under these terms and conditions, have arranged payment as requested by us. Each WebVet Service is limited to only one pet with each WebVet Service billed separately.
2. You acknowledge and agree the following in relation to the WebVet Services:
- a) any advice provided during a WebVet Service is of a general nature and cannot be specific to a patient, diagnosis or treatment;
- b) the WebVet Service is dependent on the availability of a veterinarian;
- c) each WebVet Service may be subject to a limit in duration determined at our sole discretion;
- d) the WebVet Service is not a replacement for emergency services provided by emergency veterinary practices so you must seek appropriate help if your pet is suffering from an emergency condition;
- e) any advice provided by any veterinarian in relation to your pet is necessarily limited in the absence of a physical or hands-on examination of your pet;
- f) each veterinarian must comply with requirements under the relevant legislation in the relevant jurisdiction, and so retains, at all times, the absolute discretion on how to deliver a WebVet Service;
- g) advice provided may differ between veterinary professionals;
- h) you should not disregard medical advice provided by your primary vet because of information provided to you by any other veterinarian;
- i) although the WebVet Service may be requested on a 24/7 basis, the delivery of the WebVet Service may be delayed or suspended at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion, including due to emergency or routine system maintenance;
- j) the exclusions and limitations set out in clauses 8 (Exclusions of Liability), 9 (Limitation of Liability) and 10 (Indemnity) apply to the WebVet Service.
- a) You must pay the fees charged by us for the WebVet Service as requested by us before using the WebVet Service.
- b) The WebVet Service fee is waived for current Healthy Pets Plus members for as long as we elect to waive this fee. We reserve the right to discontinue this waiver or alter the terms of this waiver at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice to you. Healthy Pets Plus members should select the ‘HPP WebVet’ option when entering the virtual waiting room to be eligible for any applicable waiver. We do not accept liability for any loss in your failure to select the ‘HPP WebVet’ option when using the WebVet Service.
- c) We may decide to reduce any fees you pay for a clinic consultation at a participating Greencross Vets Clinic in an amount equivalent to the fee that you paid for a WebVet Service so long as the clinic consultation at the Greencross Vets Clinic is conducted within 48 hours of the WebVet Service. We may impose additional conditions on how that reduction will be applied from time to time at our sole discretion.
4. You agree that we may make audio and visual recordings of any WebVet Service that we provide for any or all of the following purposes:
- a) use in your pet’s ongoing care;
- b) ongoing clinic training;
- c) review to help us identify or make service improvements; and
- d) auditing purposes or for our internal records of what advice we provided or what happened while the WebVet Service was provided.
5. You must:
- a) not make any recording, including audio or visual, of any WebVet Service;
- b) ensure that you use the WebVet Services for your own purpose and for no other reasons including any commercial purpose.
6. Intellectual Property
- a) All content included in or made available through any WebVet Service and all intellectual property rights in such materials are our property. You may not copy, extract and/or re-utilise any content of any WebVet Service without our express prior written consent.
7. Privacy and Medical Records
- b) We will maintain medical records in accordance with the requirements of the Veterinary Surgeons or Practitioners Board of the relevant jurisdiction and you consent to these records being kept by us and made available to your primary vet (if not us), emergency or specialist referral hospitals.
8. Exclusions of liability
- a) To the fullest extent permitted by law and unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service:
- i) all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, are excluded by us;
- ii) the WebVet Services are provided to you on “as is” basis;
- iii) we exclude all liability including direct, indirect, special, economic or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer or incur in relation to your use of the WebVet Services, including but not limited to, any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the WebVet Services or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Linked Sites, or any loss in connection with our use of a third-party provider.
9. Limitation of liability
- a) Nothing in these Terms of Service shall operate to exclude or restrict our liability where such exclusion or restriction is prohibited by law including, without limitation, in relation to any consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- b) If we are liable under these Terms of Service, our liability, whether grounded in contract, negligence or other tortious conduct, equity, statute or otherwise, shall not exceed, if permitted by law, at our option:
- c) In the case of the supply of goods: (i) the replacement or repair of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or (ii) the payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- d) In the case of the supply of services: (i) the supply of the services again; or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- a) You agree to indemnify us and each of our directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities (direct and indirect), costs or expenses of any kind however arising including those which are prospective or contingent that those indemnified sustains or incurs arising out of or in connection with your breach of these Terms of Service.
- a) We reserve the right to terminate the WebVet Service for any reason at any time.
12. Greencross Promise
- a) The WebVet Service will be subject to the Greencross Promise details of which are available at https://www.greencrossvets.com.au/promise/.
13. Changes to the Terms of Service
- a) We reserve the right to make changes to any Terms of Service at any time by posting the changes on our website. You will be subject to the Terms of Service made available on our website at the time that you use the WebVet Services.
14. Governing Law
- a) These Terms of Service is governed by the laws of New South Wales. You irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
- a) Any provision of these Terms of Service which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down so as to be valid and enforceable if possible, or if that is not possible, will be ineffective in that jurisdiction to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service or the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- b) The words “including”, “such as”, “for example”, “e.g.” and similar expressions do not imply any limitations.
- a) Please send any questions, concerns or notices in relation to the WebVet Service or these Terms of Services to : firstname.lastname@example.org