Greencross has an opportunity for a:
An opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Associate to join our welcoming and friendly team at Ipswich on a part-time basis.
“Greencross is like a big family to me. I love my job, I love the diversity it has to offer, I love the career growth it offers.”
Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work life balance and career opportunities throughout the more than 170 veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
“Overall, I feel very grateful to be a part of the Greencross team and to work in an industry where I can let my love for animal welfare truly shine.”
Your New Clinic
Greencross Ipswich is a co-located practice, meaning it is located next door to a Petbarn retail store. The benefits of this are endless, allowing for a steady-stream of cross-referrals and providing a broader network of pet care professionals, helping achieve a truly memorable and positive experience.
Our Ipswich clinic is fully equipped and up-to-date, supporting you with all the facilities needed to provide comprehensive, up-to-date and gold standards of care to your clients. This includes, x-rray machine, microscope, 2 blood pressure machine, ECG, Pulse Oximeter, laryngeal thermometer, Bare Hugger, Mindray and Skyla Laboratory Machines, Im3 dental machine, 2 anaesthetic machines and more. Access to Ultrasound and Dental x-ray. Our facilities include, two standard consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, x-ray room, surgical room, reception and preparation room. We are so excited about our co-located practice and are seeking a passionate, driven and like-minded veterinarian to join our Ipswich team. This is the perfect opportunity for a fresh start with a company committed to supporting you in every step of your career. More about Ipswich clinic
Ipswich is located 45 minutes from Brisbane CBD and 1 hour from the Gold Coast. It is a safe, friendly centre with a charming small-town feeling. Explore Ipswich Art Gallery, picturesque parks, nature trails, dog-friendly parks. There are many affordable living options and education facilities, prefect for singles or families. Admire the symbols of late nineteenth century prosperity and elegance with the architecture well known for its historic significance, those beautiful old Queenslander homes and town buildings. Take a day trip up to Mount Glorious or Wivenhoe. Or drive to Toowoomba in just an hour. Well served in the Lockyer Valley by many schools and USQ Ipswich, shopping, cafes, restaurants and facilities. Live your best work life balance in rural Queensland with Brisbane close by.
About Your Skills & Experience
- Veterinary qualifications
- 2 or more years of experience
- Comfortable with consults and routine surgery
- Able to work sole charge
- Committed to gold standards of care and personal development
- Registered or be eligible for veterinary registration in Australia
About Your Qualities
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about high quality practice
- Client focused and dedicated to providing positive outcomes
- Experience within a fast-paced environment and be flexible in your working style
- Accountable and proactive attitude
- Ask about our competitive sign on bonus!
- Attractive salary, negotiable and in line with experience
- Paid parental leave
- 5 weeks annual leave, inclusive of 1-week study leave
- Invitation to our exclusive, annual Greencross Vets symposium
- CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
- Streamlined relocation and visa assistance, where required
- Mental health first aid officer available in each clinic
- Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
Your New Work Family
At Greencross Vets we provide a collaborative, supportive workplace with genuine clinical freedom. We provide endless opportunities to give back to the community through the Petbarn Foundation and our Employee Volunteer Program.
If this role sounds good to you and if you are interested in finding out more, Apply Now or to arrange a confidential conversation about the next step in your career and how we can support you, please reach out today to
Abbie Smith on 0412 966 031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Passionate About Pets