Healthy Pets Plus – Membership
Healthy Pets Plus Limited aims to:
- (a) educate members in relation to animal health and wellness of Companion Animals to ensure the Companion Animals of members live longer, happier and healthier;
- (b) promote wellness veterinary services for the benefit of the Companion Animals of members;
- (c) to promote veterinary services and veterinary products for the benefit of the Companion Animals of members
- (d) to source discounted veterinary services and veterinary products for the benefit of the Companion Animals of members.
Healthy Pets Plus Limited is administered by Greencross Vets and the veterinary services provided to members will be provided by a Greencross Vets unless specified. Services do not include veterinary services not operated by Greencross Vets unless specified.
Each membership is restricted to one Companion Animal (3), although a person may have multiple memberships if they own more than one Companion Animal. Discounts apply to multiple memberships (4).
Membership fees are set by Healthy Pets Plus Limited and are payable by direct debit authority from the member’s nominated bank account. The first instalment is 25% of the annual membership fee and the balance is payable over the proceeding eleven months. Payment of renewals of membership via direct debit are divided throughout the 12 month period.
On 1 July of each year the yearly subscription amount will be reviewed. You will be advised of any increase in subscription which will take effect from the anniversary date of your membership plan.
Each membership will be for a period of 12 months. A three month cooling-off period applies to the initial membership period. Healthy Pets Plus Limited will send members a reminder at least one month prior to expiry of the 12 month period. Unless the member advises Healthy Pets Plus Limited to terminate, the membership will be renewed for a further 12 month period (including during the cooling-off period and renewal).
Termination of membership during a membership period (including during the cooling-off period) may result in the remaining instalments of the membership fee for that period being immediately payable or an amount being payable based on the value of the products or services obtained in the period (6).
The benefits of each Membership type include:
A Canine or Feline membership will entitle the member to receive:
- (a) veterinary products and services as listed and published on the Healthy Pets Plus website for this type of membership, from time to time;
- (b) Discount of 10% off other veterinary products and services;
- (c) Discount of 20% off veterinary pet food and parasite preventative products;
- (d) Free veterinarian or nurse consultations (7) including re-visits; and
- (e) Any other benefits that may be offered from time to time as part of the membership, at any Greencross Vets location. Any services provided as part of the membership benefits may be performed by a registered veterinarian and/or a veterinary nurse for the member.
Membership benefits may change from time to time at the discretion of Healthy Pets Plus Limited. In the event that your pet passes away, you can contact Healthy Pets Plus on 1800 738 775 to end your membership as you may be eligible for an adjustment to the amount outstanding on your account.
- This document is meant only to be a summary of the terms and conditions of the membership of Healthy Pets Plus Limited, such terms and conditions being found in the Constitution and By-Laws of the company. The Constitution and By-Laws are available on Healthy Pets Plus website, healthypetsplus.com.au. The member agrees to be bound by the Constitution and By-Laws of Healthy Pets Plus Limited and in all events the terms and conditions of the Constitution and By-Laws prevail.
- Greencross Vets includes Greencross Limited ACN 119 778 862 and any of its related entities.
- Feline or canine, whether kitten/puppy or adult.
- Please ask for further details at your local Greencross Vets surgery.
- A dishonour fee of $5 is payable in the event that a direct debit instalment is dishonoured by your bank, which is payable at the next direct debit drawing.
- For further details, please consult the Constitution of Healthy Pets Plus Limited or the frequently asked questions section of this document.
- Consultations greater than 20 minutes, such as behavioural and dermatological, are excluded from these plans. Consultations means a normal veterinary consultation, of no more than 20 minutes in duration, which is to be performed by either a registered veterinarian or a veterinary nurse, employed by Greencross Vets.