Just brought a new kitten home?
Greencross Vets are by your side when it comes to caring for your new kitten. Our passionate and dedicated staff are here to help your pet start off on the right paw. With state of the art equipment and facilities, each of the veterinary practices in our national network is able to provide your new kitten with whatever care they need, whenever they need it.
Your local Greencross Vets are so excited to meet your new kitten and to shower them with all the love and care they need to live a long and healthy life. Bring them in to meet the team today!
What to expect at your kitten’s first health check
As your kitten develops throughout life, they will take many trips to the vet. At Greencross Vets, we want them to enjoy every one of these. We understand that this starts from building a positive association during their very first visit.
Your kitten’s visit
- Your kitten will be weighed and temperature checked
- They will undergo a comprehensive physical exam where the vet will check their mouth, teeth, eyes, ears, abdomen, heart, lungs, muscles, joints, lymph nodes, and fur
- You may be asked to bring a recent sample of your kitten’s faeces which will be checked for parasites
- A kitten’s first vet visit may also be the first time they are vaccinated
- Your kitten will be showered with praise and treats for being so well-behaved!
- You may be asked questions about your kitten, like where you obtained them, what and how much you have been feeding them, what their environment is like and whether your kitten will live indoors or outdoors
- Remember to bring all of the documents you received with your kitten in case this has information your vet requires
- Your vet will be happy to provide you with any advice you need to care for your kitten
Speak with your Greencross Vet about having your kitten microchipped at their first visit if they have not already undergone this simple process. Each pet’s microchip contains a unique number that can be traced to an owner’s contact details. By implanting a microchip under your kitten’s skin, it is much more likely that they will be returned to you if they ever become lost as vets and animal shelters can scan the chip to find your details. It is mandatory to microchip your kitten in Australia (except the Northern Territory).
Healthy Pets Plus Membership Benefits
Vaccinations & Microchipping
- free vaccinations
(as recommended by your Greencross Vet)
- free microchipping (if needed)
- 20% discount on parasite prevention
- 20% discount on heartworm injection
- unlimited consultations
- 20% discount on pet food
- nutritional counselling and weight management